Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pelhuaz Exquisite Friend of the Week: Nature Junkie

If I think about eco-friendly, the first things that comes to my mind is reusing the cornflakes box for shipping (I learned that from Tessa owner of KRMBAL) and this Fabulous Lady. 

Kristin is an amazing friend who dedicates her business to save the planet. :D She creates  reusable items that you just use, wash and use again. Can you imagine to never have to buy paper towel or a sponge again? Well, if you get Nature Junkie's stuff, for sure you will be able to do so. 

This is even a more special post as today is Nature Junkie's Anniversary!




I'm pleased to introduce you to my always happy friend Kristin and her amazing shop Nature Junkie!




Pelhuaz: What's your name?
Kristin: Kristin

Pelhuaz: Describe yourself in 5 words?
Kristin: Creative, eco-friendly, nature lover, dedicated      

Pelhuaz: If you could sing one song on American Idol or any other TV Show, what would it be?
Kristin: Journey - Dont Stop Believing         

Pelhuaz: If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
Kristin: A radio, a picture of my son, a lighter (Im no good at starting a fire) 

Pelhuaz: If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
Kristin: My infamous Santa Fe Soup!           





Pelhuaz: If you were a Star Trek® [or Star Wars®] character, which one would it be?
Kristin: Chewbacca!    

Pelhuaz: What is the last book you read?
Kristin: Lullaby by chuck palahniuk 

Pelhuaz: Tell us about your Small Business… Why did you decide to open Nature Junkie?
Kristin: I started Nature Junkie in June of 2012 when I was expecting our son. I was bored at home and decided to treat myself to a sewing machine. I taught myself how to sew and in no time at all I was creating and selling my products. I originally started with selling baby items but decided to switch gears in November of 2012.

I am a huge nature lover and a firm believer in reducing, reusing, and recycling. We need to preserve this beautiful planet. That's when I started thinking about all of the daily things that people throw away. With a new baby and my eco-friendly beliefs I started making kitchen items that were not only reusable but put money back into your wallet. 





Pelhuaz: What is your favorite item available at Nature Junkie? Provide a pic.
Kristin: This adorable I Scream for Ice Cream Hanging Towel


Pelhuaz: What do you wish you had known before you started?
Kristin: How important product photos are! They can really make or break a business. 



Pelhuaz: When is your Store Anniversary?

Kristin: Jun 18            

Pelhuaz: Imagine that I’m planning to open Pelhuaz, and I don’t know a thing about managing a Small Business, what will be your best advice?
Kristin: I would advice to start off with strong product photos. Also be realistic. It's very rare that a business will take off in just a few weeks. It took almost a year to establish myself as a business. Work hard and get your name out there.




To be honest, I love everything that Kristin offer at her shop. My three favorite items are:

The Octopus Reusable Snack Pouch

The Happy Sushi Unsponge

and The We All Scream For Ice Cream Hanging Towel


In order to celebrate her anniversary, Kristin is running a Multivendor Giveaway at her Facebook Page. Don't missed the opportunity to win a fabulous prize from one of her favorite shops. Pelhuaz is included... Yay!


If you want to know more about Kristin and Nature Junkie you can find her at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram

Thank you so much for taking the time to read about this eco-friendly shop and let's start thinking about the future that we are planning for our children. Enjoy your day!

Besos,

Zei


No comments:

Post a Comment