Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pelhuaz Exquisite Friend of the Week: Dragonflight Dreams

So this is it! The last Exquisite Friend of the Week for this period prior my Maternity Leave. I wanted to share with you this amazing store that have so many great items, that I'm sure you will love as much as I do! 

Let's meet Amanda and her Store named Dragonflight Dreams.




Pelhuaz: What's your name?       
Amanda: Amanda


Pelhuaz: If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?             
Amanda: Food, a hammock, and a satellite phone (because no one wants to be stuck on an island forever).

Pelhuaz: If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?  
Amanda: Enchiladas if it's short notice. Pastitsio (Greek lasagna) if I have warning.


Pelhuaz: If you were a Star Trek® [or Star Wars®] character, which one would it be?             
Amanda: Tough question! Probably R2D2.


Pelhuaz: What's your superpower?         
Amanda: Procrastination


Pelhuaz: Who do you consider your sidekick?     
Amanda: My dog, Sienna


Pelhuaz: What do you do when you are alone in your car?           
Amanda: Depends on the day. Sometimes I just zone out and think/meditate. Other times I have music playing and sing along. There may occasionally be angry running commentary on the bad habits of other drivers.




Pelhuaz: What motivates/inspires you?  
Amanda: Stories (books, movies, mythologies) and nature.




Pelhuaz: What's the name of your Small Business?          
Amanda: Dragonflight Dreams



Pelhuaz: Why did you decide to open it?
Amanda: I wanted a creative medium that I made with my actual hands instead of just on the computer (like my day job as a graphic designer). And hobbies get expensive quickly, plus of course I thought my designs were cool, so a shop seemed like the natural course.





Pelhuaz: What do you wish you had known before you started? 
Amanda: Oh, lots of things. How to network with other shop owners more and how important that is. A few techniques and tricks I've developed to make my prints more consistent. I also wish I would have focused solely on made-to-order options instead of OOAK shirts.




Pelhuaz: When did you open your Store (anniversary)?  
Amanda: 5/22

Pelhuaz: Imagine that I’m planning to open Pelhuaz, and I don’t know a thing about managing a Small Business, what will be your best advice?         
Amanda: Make sure your shop photos are clean and clear and high quality. Hire someone if you need to. Get a Twitter account, and use it for more than just spamming product links. Invest in a postal scale so you can do all your shipping labels and packaging at home, and just have to drop them in the drop box instead of waiting in line.
Amanda has so many great designs to chose from...


But you all know I'm huge fan of dragonflies, so this is my favorite:



Like any of the designs available at Amanda's Store? Use code ALIST5DD for a 5% off on your entire purchase. 

If you want to know more about Amanda and her amazing store, you can reach her at ETSY, Blog, FB, Twitter, and IG


I need to thank all of you for your support since Pelhuaz Blog started back in April. I'll soon start my Maternity break, so I wont be able to be posting as often as I did before. 

Wishing you all the best!
Zei

No comments:

Post a Comment