Thursday, January 8, 2015

Year of Handmade: In the beginning, how did I get into the craft?

We all have our background story, and mine is not different from yours. I decided to opened Pelhuaz on June 2013 with the intention of having my very own place to showcase my creations. My jewelry have simple designs with a boho twist and I like to create simple items that will accentuate the beauty of those who wears it. I also create hair accessories, but it's only for my beautiful princess to have. I don't feel that confident to put them on the market!  




When I was a little girl, I loved to make crafts. From paper art to crochet (or what I thought was it at the time). My mother and grandma, both did crochet and so my very talented Titi (aunt). So I guess that the crafty-artisan gene runs in the family. 

As one of my resolutions for 2015,  I decide that I need to define my line of work and in which direction I want to focus my designs. 




I think I found my style with the Long Necklaces I deigned at the end of 2014. I love making them, and love the way they look and feel.  




There are so many talented artisan out there, that is important that you find your identity by making a noticeable mark in the handmade industry.

What motivates you? How did you get where you are today? 

Besitos,
Zei

No comments:

Post a Comment