Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pelhuaz Exquisite Friend of the Week: Nourishingly Natural

There are so many great shops out there that you just need to get in front of your computer and voila! You have whatever you need. I had the great opportunity to meet the newest member of The Indie A List and her products are amazing! Let me introduce you to the Exquisite Mandi, owner of Nourishingly Natural.






Pelhuaz: What's your name?
Mandi: Mandi
  
Pelhuaz: What's your superpower?
Mandi: I'm an herb growing supermom!
  
Pelhuaz: Who do you consider your sidekick and why?   
Mandi: My three year old daughter is my sidekick. She is also the official "tester" of all things made. She's a very girly girl, which I'm not sure where she gets that from, but I can't make lotions, salves or lip gloss, etc. without giving her some, too. It's funny, because sometimes she "invents" owies just so she can have some Green Goop to put on it :)
  
Pelhuaz: If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
Mandi: My Bible, my family and toilet paper... because while I love roughing it, I do have a limit ;)

Pelhuaz: What do you think about when you are alone in your car? 
Mandi: I'm a dreamer, however I try not to daydream in the car! Usually, if I'm alone in the car, I'm either singing along to the radio, or making mental lists in my head.
       
Pelhuaz: What was the last movie you went to see?
Mandi: The LEGO movie, which my kids LOVED!
           
Pelhuaz: Tell us about your Small Business…  Describe your store and products?
Mandi: Nourishingly Natural offers skin loving bath, body and herbal products for the whole family. All of our products are made with natural and organic oils, organically grown herbs, essential oils, and natural beeswax. We don't use any parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances or FD&C colors in any of our products. Each of our products is handcrafted in small batches, with quality, skin loving products being our utmost priority.



Pelhuaz: What is your favorite item available at your store?         
Mandi: That's a toss up. My favorite practical item for my family is the Green Goop herbal salve, which we use on EVERYTHING, my favorite everyday item is the Clear foaming facial cleanser and moisturizer, because having a facial care system that keeps my oily skin clean, clear and healthy is amazing, and my favorite just for me item is the detox and lift milk bath, because I'm a sucker for a long soak in the tub!



Pelhuaz: What motivates/inspires you?       
Mandi: Nourishingly Natural was born out of necessity. Back in 2004, I began to develop sensitivities to several ingredients in “store bought” bath and body products. After several visits to the dermatologist, and a lot of personal research, I finally had an answer. I have an auto-immune disease that is exacerbated by artificial fragrances. This knowledge began my quest for "natural" skin products, which led to a lot of frustration, which led to a lot more personal research. I learned a lot about herbs and their healing properties, and I learned about natural oils and essential oils, and their skin benefits. Finally, I was ready to take the plunge and start experimenting. Many failed attempts later, I had products that I loved, that my skin actually thrived on!

Pelhuaz: How much time off do you get/take in a week?   
Mandi: Sunday is always my day off, but as a SAHM/WAHM, I love that I am allowed the flexibility to set my own schedule, and if my children have a need, I can adjust accordingly. I am immensely grateful for this.



Pelhuaz: When is your Store Anniversary?  

Mandi: Aug 22

Pelhuaz: Imagine that I’m planning to open Pelhuaz, and I don’t know a thing about managing a Small Business, what will be your best advice?
Mandi: Do your research, have a plan, expect to change that plan repeatedly, never compromise your vision, and reach for the stars! If you don't believe you are capable of greatness, who will?



USE CODE "PELHUAZ20" AND GET 20% OFF @ NOURISHINGLY*


*By using code PELHUAZ20 at Nourishingly Natural Shop you get a 20% off on all items. This is a one day code only. Valid for purchase made today: May 1st, 2014.

I have to say that I enjoyed making this post. Meeting Mandi has been great and her products are really amazing. If you want to know more about her exquisite line of natural products visit Nourishingly Natural. You can also find her at Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.  

Thank you for taking the time to meet my friend Mandi. Hope you enjoy the post.


Un beso,

Zei



No comments:

Post a Comment